A stopcock, or stop valve or stop tap, is an inline valve which controls the water supply to a property. It is usually located on or near the rising main, and usually under the kitchen sink. However, in some homes it may be located in a pantry or hallway. In addition to an internal stopcock, …

Stopcock Read More »

Rising main

The rising main is a pipe in the home which delivers fresh mains water to the highest part of the plumbing system. This is usually the cold water storage cistern or the feed and expansion cistern. Both cisterns are usually located in the loft. Rising main overview Water for a property comes from the mains …

Rising main Read More »