Tag Archives: Part 1 ball valve

Part 1 and Part 2 ball valves: what’s the difference?

What is the difference between a Part 1 and a Part 2 ball valve? These brass fittings are some of the most common types of ball valves found in British homes. They are typically found in loft cisterns, such as the cold water storage … Continue reading

Posted in Questions | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Part 1 ball valve

A Part 1 ball valve or Portsmouth ball valve is a ball valve made to British Standard specification 1212, Part 1. It consists of a piston inside a brass housing, with a float arm secured to the valve via a split pin. Inside … Continue reading

Posted in Encyclopaedia | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Ball valve

A ball valve or float valve, or less commonly, a ballcock, is a valve which controls the flow of water into a cistern via a plastic or metal float on the surface of the water. When water is drawn out of the cistern, the … Continue reading

Posted in Encyclopaedia | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment
Copyright © 2015-2017 DIY Plumbing. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer. DIY Plumbing is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.